By ~* Nature's Goodness *~
What is Teeth Whitening?
Tooth whitening, also known as dental bleaching, is a cosmetic procedure used in the dentistry field to lighten the natural color of your teeth without the removal of the tooth surface. The most recognizable active ingredient in teeth whitening products is usually hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide works because as it breaks down it allows oxygen to penetrate tooth enamel resulting in a lighter tooth color. Few people have brilliant pearly whites and of course just like changing your hair color or trying to get a tan, reasons for whitening teeth could be due to having stains from bacterial pigments or antibiotic medications such as tetracycline.
Tooth Whitening Methods
There are several methods that an individual can use to whiten their teeth at-home and in a doctors office. Let's explore both options:
- An individual can make a paste with water and baking soda and gently brush their teeth leaving the solution on for a few minutes before rinsing with warm water. Repeat until desired results are achieved.
- Mix a 50/50 solution of hydrogen peroxide and water and swish around the teeth for a minute or so then spit out the solution. Let your teeth stand for another minute before finally rinsing with warm water.
- Application of over-the-counter whitening strips.
- The dentist will apply to the teeth a carefully prepared high-concentration of peroxide gel after the gums have been protected with a paint-on rubber dam. The peroxide will remain on the teeth for about an hour divided into 15 -20 minute intervals. Additional sessions may be required for stubborn teeth stains.
What are the Risks and Dangers?
As we've discussed thus far there are various reasons why individuals whitening their teeth as well as the various methods they use to achieve this goal. With that said we will now examine the risks and dangers of such a procedure. Let's take a look:
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
- Improved appearance associated with a better lifestyle.
- A brighter smile tends to give a youthful appearance.
- Gives those you are speaking to a friendlier appearance of you.
Dangers of Teeth Whitening
- Development of sore gums or teeth from the bleach
- Discomfort wearing the mouth tray during the bleaching process
Tooth Fairy's AllNatural Peppermint Polish™ made with proprietary patent-pending "Peroxymint," which offers an affordable and effective all natural formula for oral protection that you and your family can feel safe using. Peppermint Polish contains food grade hydrogen peroxide which is a known all natural whitening agent. In addition Tooth Fairy's AllNatural Peppermint Polish™ an effective, superior, and quality solution in treating various oral conditions so you can enjoy proper daily oral care. Safely whiten your teeth with nature's goodness!